The Circle Sea
You don’t have to kill everyoneactually, let me split that up.
- You don’t have to fight everyone you meet.
Drawn swords are a message that you are willing to fight, but doesn’t mean you must fight. What do the various sides have to gain/lose in the encounter?
- You don’t have to kill everyone you fight.
4ed makes it easy to reduce an enemy to 0hp without killing them, consider: knocking them out, wounding them, disarming them, making them flee, making them surrender.
(although the GM can veto these; cultists (generally) don’t surrender, golems don’t flee, zombies don’t get knocked-out, etc)
- Unsure about something? Ask the other PCs in-character. Ask an NPC in-character. Ask other players. Roll relevant skills. Ask the GM directly.
- Want some event/theme to come up? Talk to PCs/NPCs about it. Talk to players/GM about it.
- Track what’s in your hands, it may well come up. Weapons/shields/other-items/scenery?